CAVEAT: In order to support the daily operations of a CLAN of this size requires managerial support. This system enables those that desire to advance and/or fill a position of leadership, the steps and guidelines to attain each position.
Ranks are used primarily to show your standing in the CLAN based on membership time, experience or position. This is not a "Rank has its privileges" clan, our leadership cadre is here to support the clans needs. A KNIGHTS rank is a designation to identify them as able to perform certain functions with-in the clan system.
Our rank structure is based loosely on an actual Armored Brigade, with differences accounting for numbers and applicability.
E-1 thru E-4
These ranks will be used by the general members. If you’re a normal tanker with no other responsibility or desire other than to spread hate and discontent on the field of battle, then these are the ranks you will wear.
Advancement Goals for each rank:
PV1/E-1 (Recruit) = New KNIGHTs in the clan begin here.
PV2/E-2 (Private) = Clan membership for 1 month.
PFC/E-3 (Private First Class) = Merit based, recommendation from your PL and approval from your Company Commander.
CPL/E-4 (Corporal) = Merit based, recommendation from your PL and approval from your Company Commander.
E-5 thru E-6, NCO Ranks
NCOs are the work horses of any service (Army, Navy, Marines and Air Force) and we will mirror that in the clan. To be an NCO you will need to be a seasoned player and helpful clan mate. Only those show a continued effort to help others with any in-game or clan related issues are eligible.
1. Merit Based
2. PL Recommendation
3. Company Commander Approval
SSG/E-6 (Staff Sergeant):
1. Same requirements as E-5.
E-7 thru E-9, 1SG positions
SFC/E-7 (Sergeant First Class):
1. This is traditionally the Platoon Sergeant Rank in the Modern Army. It has also been nicknamed the Field First in the old days of Army history because he was usually the guy that went to the woods with the company while the 1SG stayed in the rear getting the “Beans and Bullets”, mail and any other soldiers’ needs squared away while they were training/warfighting.
2. With that being said we will use it as an entry level rank for the PL position. You will wear this rank until such time as your Company Co, the CSM and The Clan Commander feel you are a fully functioning 1SG that can operate on your own with little to no help from others and make sound decisions that are within the clan guidelines and code of conduct.
3. Selection to E-7 requires the following:
4. Request by the KNIGHT to be considered for E-7
5. PL Recommendation
6. Company Commander Approval
1SG/E-8 (First Sergeant):
1. Meet all previous rank requirements.
2. Evaluated by the current Company Commander.
3. Battalion Commander Approval.
SMG/E-9 (Battalion Sergeant Major): If position is available or applicable for future use.
1. Request by the KNIGHT to be considered for E-9.
2. Evaluation by the CLAN CO, CLAN XO, OPSO, BC and CSM (If applicable) to ensure the KNIGHT shows the ability to perform the duties required.
3. Approval by CLAN CO, CLAN XO, OPSO, BC and CSM.
CSM/E-9 (Clan Sergeant Major):
1. Request by the KNIGHT to be considered for CSM.
2. Will be selected by a Board of officers consisting of the Battalion Commanders, Company Commanders, OPSO, XO and CO.
Officers are traditionally the policy and decision makers. In -AK- all officers are able to be and are involved as much as possible in all decisions that affect the clan. This is where you are able to affect change.
Gaining a commission:
1. Submit an official request to your PL for consideration for advancement to O-1.
2. Attend (1) session of "Platoon Leader Training"
3. Once an official request has been made, the -AK- Advisory Board will meet to review the request.
4. Once a decision has been made, the KNIGHT will be notified of the outcome.
a. Advancement is granted: The KNIGHT will be indoctrinated into the new positions REQs and placed into his new PL/CO.
b. Advancement is denied: The KNIGHT will be given specific reasons for denial so that corrections can be made if desired for continued consideration.
5. Each OFFICER rank must be requested by the KNIGHT. This is to allow OFFICERS to remain at a specific rank/position if desired. For those that wish to advance, the request must be made for each rank so that the Chain of Command can know your intentions.
2LT/O-1 (Second Lieutenant):
1. This is the entry level officer rank known by some as a “butter bar”. All platoon leaders will begin at this rank.
2. Assigned by Company Commander
1LT/O-2 (First Lieutenant):
1. This is the rank of the platoon leader and will be awarded to the 1LT that proves his viability as a Platoon Leader.
2. Forum activity within your platoon and actively helping your platoon mates will aid you in achieving this rank.
3. Awarded by the Company Commander.
1. Rank of the Company Commander XO..
2. This position is selected from existing platoon leaders from across the clan that have requested consideration for it.
3. Must attend (1) session of "Senior Leadership Training"
4. Recommendation by current Company Commander.
5. Approval by Battalion Commander
1. Awarded to first time Company Commanders.
2. Awarded by the Battalion Commander.
LTC/O-5 (Lieutenant Colonel)
1. Awarded to Company Commanders that have not only shown to be capable but have proven to be true leaders within the clan.
2. Recommended by the Battalion Commander
3. Approved by the XO.
COL/O-6 (Colonel), HQ Division Department Heads
1. Officer must notify his BC of his desire to hold this position.
2. Recommended by Battalion Commander
3. Approved by X.O.
BG/O-7 (Brigadier General)
1. Battalion Commander, Commander of a Clan extension ie AK, AK2, AK3 etc.
2. If no OPSO in position, then BC is third in Command of -AK-, based on Seniority.
3. Recommended by the X.O.
4. Appointed by the C.O.
MG/O-8 (Major General), CLAN OPSO
1. Operations Officer (OPSO)
2. Third in Command
3. Appointed by C.O.
LTG/O-9 (Lieutenant General)
1. Clan Executive Officer (XO)
2. Second in command of AK
3. Appoints by C.O.
1. Clan Commander
2. Commanding Officer of all Armored Knights
The C.O. and X.O. have the ultimate authority to revoke, suspend or deny any and all of the aforementioned promotions/positions; but will refrain from doing except in extreme cases.
S3: Operations Department
1. Clan Wars Commander: O-5
S5: Plans, Exercises and Training
1. Clan Trainer: O-6
1. Web/TeamSpeak Admin: O-6
Command Advancement Program (CAP)
1. The COMMAND GROUP (CSM, OPSO, XO and CO) has the ability to promote a KNIGHT to any rank ahead of their peers and timelines based on display of exemplary conduct and/or extraordinary actions and initiative beneficial to the Armored Knights.
2. Any officer of higher rank can nominate a KNIGHT for CAP consideration.
3. For CAP consideration to an OFFICER rank the prospective KNIGHT MUST be able to fulfill the positions REQs. This will be part of the CAP consideration process.
All positions are performance based and voluntary. Meaning if for whatever reason a KNIGHT is unable or unwilling to fulfill the requirements of the position, he/she can be removed for cause or voluntarily vacate a position. If real life issues happen, let the Chain of Command know. If it is for an extended time AND you let the Chain of Command know, you will not lose your rank upon your return. However you may lose your position depending on the time and need. If your position is filled due to necessity, you will take the next available position at your previous rank.
If a KNIGHT is removed for cause or requests to vacate a position, this WILL NOT reflect negatively on that KNIGHT. If removed for cause or by request the KNIGHT will return to either the last Enlisted rank held or a rank appropriate to the KNIGHTs time in the CLAN.
As -AK- grows the number and availability of leadership positions may change, the Chain of Command will expand as needed.
The FOUNDERS have no OFFICIAL rank; unless otherwise noted. As the founding members of -AK- they reserve the right to be involved in any and all discussions involving CLAN doctrinal changes. Additionally, as FOUNDERS they are authorized to be present at CLAN and COMMAND meetings although as observers or for advice ONLY. The daily operations of the CLAN fall specifically to the Chain of Command as it is in the -AK- ORG chart.